MOVIES AT THE TOWER COMEDIANS PICK THEIR FAVORITE COMEDY!
Tickets $17 + $3 historic preservation fee
Feel like the only way left to react to 2020 is just to laugh? Yeah, us too! Come to the Tower Saturdays in October and enjoy cinematic comedy classics, each personally selected by and introduced with a special performance from a local comedian. Politically incorrect and potentially hilarious. Consider it your COVID survival kit, courtesy of the Tower and Ipockolyptic Productions.
1987 Rated PG 96 minutes
Special live performance and introduction by comedian Conner Satterfield
May The Farce Be With You!
In a distant galaxy, planet Spaceball’s depleted air supply renders its citizens reliant on a product called "Perri-Air." In desperation, President Skroob (Mel Brooks) orders the evil Dark Helmet (Rick Moranis) to kidnap Princess Vespa (Daphne Zuniga) from oxygen-rich planet Druidia, holding her hostage in exchange for fresh air. Help arrives in the form of renegade space pilot Lone Starr (Bill Pullman) and his half-man, half-dog partner, Barf (John Candy).
Conner Satterfield is a local comedian, performing standup comedy since 2019, and recently made the finals of the 2020 Super Fight Mic Competition. He is a great example of not judging a book by its cover. Conner’s takes on history, pop culture, living in Texas, and what it’s like to be a bisexual male working in construction are one-of-a-kind and hysterical.
Our relaunch plan adheres to the guidance from Governor Brown, the Oregon Health Authority, and the Deschutes County Health Services.
Here are some important changes you’ll notice attending a performance at the Tower Theatre:
• 6’ physical distancing between groups must be respected at all times.
• Face coverings are required and will be available to those who do not bring one.
• Intermissions will be limited or, whenever possible, eliminated entirely.
• Seating will be assigned by Box Office staff.
• Common touchpoints will be sanitized before, during, and after performances.
• Multiple hand-sanitizing stations have been installed for your convenience.
• Guests will be encouraged to leave by rows to avoid crowding while exiting.
For further details on the Tower Theatre Foundation’s re-opening and operating procedures please click here. Patrons will also receive an event-specific email prior to attending events. We thank you for your patience and understanding, and we look forward to seeing you soon!