BEND, OR (Sept. 7, 2011) – The Tower Theatre Foundation board of directors has renewed the contract of executive director Ray Solley through June 2013. “Ray successfully led us through the recession and has raised the Tower to new programming and operating levels,” said Bob Singer, chair of the Tower board. “We are confidently looking forward, and Ray’s excellent leadership is key to that confidence.”
Since joining the Bend nonprofit from Torrance, California in early 2009, Solley has overseen and accomplished several milestones at the historic performing arts venue:
- Established a four-month operating reserve
- Raised $200,000 in the “Tower Challenge” campaign
- Received a $30,000 grant from OCF for fund development and educational programming
- Reached a record-high 500 members
- Grown website visits (12,000 a month) and social media (1,350 facebook “fans”)
- Improved number of sold out Foundation-presented shows to 60%
- Increased number of area nonprofits using the theatre to 103
“I am honored to be part of this outstanding community and such an iconic institution as the Tower,” said Solley. “The staff has proven they are the most professional in Central Oregon. And the board has the vision and a unity of purpose rare among nonprofits.” Solley added, “The Tower is fully poised to be the community’s leading performing arts venue for years to come.”
The Tower Theatre Foundation owns and operates the historic stage in downtown Bend. The Foundation’s mission is to provide performing arts, civic, educational and social events that enliven and enrich the lives of all Central Oregonians.
Membership, program information and individual and 2011-12 season tickets are available at the Tower Theatre box office (835 NW Wall), by phone (541-317-0700) or online (www.towertheatre.org). Details on events are at facebook.com/TheTowerTheatre.